If you have a school-age child these days, you have probably noticed that the way math is being taught today is a lot different than the way it was taught in past years. Children are learning “number sense” starting in the 1st grade, and for some parents, this is stirring up a lot of math anxiety.
Really, she actually hugged me and told me how grateful she was to hear that as all the other parents kept complaining that they didn’t understand the work and couldn’t help their kids with it.
So why does it excite me? Read on
- Weekend Website #76: 46 Math Websites for Tech Integrated Classrooms (askatechteacher.wordpress.com)
- Turn on the Human Calculator in You! (signsofapanicattack.wordpress.com)
- Math Teachers at Play #37 via Maths Insider (letsplaymath.net)
- Teachers combat the ‘I can’t do math’ attitude (windsorstar.com)
- The Learning Network: Test Yourself | Math, April 25, 2011 (learning.blogs.nytimes.com)
- Anne Jarvis: Math success stories (windsorstar.com)